What are we delivering?
New digital forensics services, portable tech and tools, extra infrastructure and implementation support to help forces improve their response to rape and serious sexual offences (RASSO) and other crimes.
What difference will it make?
Forces involved will be able to take technology to victims and examine mobile/digital device at crime scenes, giving investigators faster access to the right digital evidence. This will lead to a faster, safer and more sensitive service for those affected by RASSO and other crimes, better evidence entering courts and increased confidence in the criminal justice system.
What we’re providing:
- Mobile digital forensic units, unmarked and equipped with state-of-the-art tools
- Portable ruggedised kit including digital forensic laptops, mobiles and specialist software
- Kiosks which upgrade and improve existing digital forensic kiosk technology
- Extra digital infrastructure, for example improved broadband
- Quality assurance meaning tools and kit are centrally validated
- Implementation, co-ordination and management support
Our initial scope and timescales
In this initial phase, we will work with a limited number of forces, based on best operational fit with the above tools. The new tech and support will be delivered during FY 2021/22, with data and learnings collected during this period used to inform future funding bids around similar activity.