Planning ahead and being able to forecast trends and other demand is vital to establishing a robust supply chain for forensic science products and services.
FCN supports timely planning of activities to deliver new commercial arrangements for forensic science products and services. Our remit includes Ident 1, PACE and Crime Scene, digital forensics, DNA, toxicology drugs and other specialisms.
Within our supply chain management activity, we are:
- Creating and maintaining a central register of members’ commercial arrangements
- Producing pipeline documents
- Collating current demand trends and volumes and produce forecasts for these
- Publishing PIN and OJEU notices (or equivalent) where appropriate
- Developing procurement strategies and commercial options appraisals
- Conducting market assessment
- Organising stakeholder and market engagement events
- Coordinating new procurements
- Developing tender specifications and documents
- Factoring in lessons learned from previous contracts experience and market failures
- Analysing market impact and risk identification
- Assessing delivery challenges
- Developing exit management and transition plans
FCN’s commercial team will provide members with a range of benefits including:
- Publishing pipelines to members and the supplier market with a 3-5 year outlook
- Keeping a timetable of current contract end dates and new procurements
- Producing new contractual vehicles for members to use to obtain consumables, products and services
FCN’s specialist commercial services team has significant experience in the forensics and policing sector.
All requests for support will be acknowledged within seven days, followed by a more detailed response once the request has been reviewed by the appropriate specialist.
Get in touch
To discuss your supply chain requirements with our team, please contact us.