Consistent quality forensic science will only be achieved with access to good quality, verified and up-to-date knowledge.
Quality will therefore:
- provide advice and guidance to FCN members on all forensic science quality and accreditation matters;
- provide capability lead advice and guidance to the NPCC Performance and Standards portfolio group;
- work with the FCN community to create and maintain an extensive knowledge base, which will be accessible by all FCN members and their staff;
- establish and maintain a comprehensive electronic Quality Management System, which as well as incorporating the knowledge base above, will give FCN members a clearly defined set of business process documents and enable them to track competency assessments so that they can consistently meet customer requirements and continually improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction;
- establish a national ground truth database, which FCN members will help populate and which will provide robust reference material on which to base validation, training and proficiency tests.