A healthy forensic science market is crucial to the FCN community if it is to meet the challenges it faces in terms of overall demand and the pace of technological change.
Commercial will therefore:
- provide national oversight, monitoring and management of the commercial forensics marketplace (both traditional and digital) and work with the FCN community to ensure that there is a range of quality- assured suppliers in the marketplace, able to service the needs of the FCN community.
- develop a forensics market strategy supported and underpinned by:
- ongoing due diligence of commercial providers in the market;
- developing and maintaining long-term commercial plans to ensure the sustainability of individual capabilities and a strategic approach to the marketplace;
- horizon scanning to identify new service providers, encourage new providers into the forensics market and support existing providers to expand and diversify their offerings;
- managing risk and resolving emerging issues in the marketplace;
- analysis of wider market intelligence to understand the likely future health of the market and influence decision-making accordingly;
- manage and maintain a national overview of forensics market capability;
- provide advice and support to stakeholders about potential market impacts of policy decisions and legislative change;
- work with the FCN community in developing and presenting the results of appropriate make / buy analysis and its expected impact on the FCN community’s ability to meet both its current and future needs;
- take the lead in developing and maintaining strategic supplier relationships and supply chain management approaches;
- co-ordinate and lead national negotiations with forensic providers either directly or via associations in response to national issues or changes;
- be responsible for overall demand and capacity management including demand forecasting;
- be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the overall performance of the forensics market supply chain and using this management information to support the continuing improvement of the forensics market strategy.