Achieving a coherent and consistent approach to commercial management and being able to develop a proactive and sustainable forensic supply chain will only be achieved with access to good quality and up-to- date knowledge, advice and guidance.
Commercial will therefore:
- provide knowledge, advice and guidance to FCN members on all forensic science commercial management matters and will also provide capability lead advice and guidance to the NPCC Long- Term Forensic Market Strategy Board (and other portfolio groups / boards as required);
- support and advise on strategic impact assessments to reflect on the wider market impact of insourcing or outsourcing plans;
- work closely with contract managers and commercial staff in the FCN community and wider law enforcement to enable advice and guidance to be developed and shared as widely as possible for the benefit of FCN members;
- offer contract and commercial awareness training to FCN members, subject to demand;
- develop a competency programme for commercial management of forensics suppliers;
- work with the FCN community to develop and maintain an extensive knowledge base, which will be accessible by all FCN members and their staff;
- provide, within the knowledge base, a central capability for strategic lessons learnt to be captured, recorded and shared, so that appropriate improvements can be made and forensic outcomes maximised across the FCN community.