What are we delivering?
Through FMSP, we’re developing a plan to transform the forensic marketplace so it is robust, resilient and innovative, with the expertise and capacity to deliver world-leading forensic services, in the right place, at the right time, to meet the requirements of the Criminal Justice System.
What difference will it make?
A transformed marketplace will mean greater market stability and a move away from crises, a less fragmented and more co-ordinated national system, a balance between demand and capacity, and greater transparency, information sharing and informed decision-making across the market. This will lead to higher quality forensic services, improved operational and judicial outcomes and increased public confidence.
How are we approaching it?
- Community-led: 10 work packages, led by experts from policing, forensic service providers and other agencies, look at specific service elements and develop potential future delivery model options informed by stakeholders
- Robust processes: options are developed though a consistent seven step process and assessed through robust evaluation
- Strong governance: a strategic oversight group manages work package activity with representation from regional forensic leads; a Project Board, encompassing senior Police representation from across policing, drives key decision-making
- Blended market model: we aim to combine private and public sector, blend a mixture of external and internal service provision, and build on successful existing approaches and new ideas
- Collegiate working: underpinned by new approaches to co-operation and collaboration across the whole of the market