What are we delivering?
A national electronic quality management system (eQMS) enabling FCN members to manage their QMS efficiently, utilise workflows (for example for document control and auditing), and access and share accurate and up-to-date information around quality standards and validation. The system will ultimately be delivered as a service through FCN Xchange for forces signed up as FCN members.
What difference will it make?
A national approach to quality management will harness best practice and support more forces to gain accreditation. This will help to reduce risk and drive improvement in operational outcomes, in turn leading to improved public confidence. It will also result greater efficiency and effectiveness and reduced duplication of effort and cost.
How will it work?
- Community driven: the design of the eQMS is rooted in the views of our user group, attended by forces across England and Wales
- Highly configurable: the eQMS can be customised and extended so will grow with the needs of FCN members. It also allows access to information based on permissions by force, location and role
- Browser access: the eQMS will be accessed via FCN Xchange through a web browser. Enabling cross-border access with no need for capital expenditure or on-site installation
- Information assurance: FCN Xchange has been designed in accordance with National Cyber Security Centre Cloud Security Principles. We are working closely with NPIRMT on assurance
- Once for many: the eQMS platform is managed and maintained centrally though FCN, meaning development and upkeep is done once, with all members benefiting
- Governance: to access the eQMS forces must sign the FCN Section 22a agreement.